Friday, May 15, 2009

This is the Thursday I would usually have my chemo treatment. I am so glad that I don’t have to go in for that today. Hip Hip Hooray! I feel great. I feel like it was a dream and I finally woke up.

It is sad how quickly when a crisis is over our total dependence on the Lord slacken s a bit. Worldly thoughts and feelings come back in a rush. Before I was hoping to live through this experience and every day was a gift. Now I am worrying about how long will it take for my hair to grow back (it seems like it will take forever), dieting, wrinkles and insecurities. My feelings seemed to change overnight from how grateful I am for who I am to worrying about all my short comings and all the things I need to improve on.

This experience gave me the opportunity to be humbled and over flowing with gratitude for each day and for each person in my life. It gave me the opportunity to learn more about my Savior and my Heavenly Father. I want to do all I can to continue to have the feeling of gratitude and love for my Heavenly father and my Savior as I did through this experience. To remember I am a daughter of a Father in Heaven who knows me and loves me and blesses my life in ways I never thought possible. I want to remember the wonderful power of prayer and the strength I received everyday from all who were praying for me. I want to remember always how loved and cared for I felt by all my sweet family and dear friends.

Sunday was a great day. I got to talk to all my kids including my missionaries. It was so wonderful. I talked to Jessica in the morning and Jonathan at night. Since Australia is 17 hours ahead of us Jon called on his P-day. We called Jessica per her instructions at a member’s home at 10:30 am on Sunday morning. They both sounded so great. Just a few times did I have to stop talking so they wouldn’t hear the tears in my voice.

Mailing packages to my missionaries can be a little scary and frustrating. Last Friday I was mailing packages to Jessica and Jonathan. I weighted the packages and did the online postage thing because you save about $2.00 per package if you print your postage online. I used my bathroom scale to weigh the packages. I thought I had the right weight. When I added the weight of the contents of the packages they came to about the weight that I had got from my bathroom scale. Another advantage of doing your packages from home is that this way you just have to drop the packages off on the counter by a postal worker. I was watching my granddaughter Kari so I got her all buckled in the car and got my packages and off we went to the post office. We headed into the post office. I let the postal worker know that the packages were there and we left to go to my car. The postal worker came running after me all huffy and puffy and told me that the weights were all wrong. He kept muttering about what a big head ache it was going to be to fix it and all the paper work. I asked him what he wanted me to do and he said well you made the mistake you take them home and fix it. It is a small post office with only one postal worker and the line was backing up, but I still thought wow, this guy has had a bad day. When I came back home I decided to do the priority mail flat rate box that is the same price as long as what you are mailing fits unto the box and weights less than 20 lbs. (I think). It was only $1.50 more so I requested a refund online for the other postage. By this time there was no way I would get to the post office before 4:30pm so I had to do postage for the next day. Saturday I printed the postage packed my two boxes in the flat rate medium size boxes, grabbed my tape and scissors and headed to the post office thinking this will be a snap. I would have done all of it at home but I decided since it was the same price I could add more weight to the boxes so I stopped at the store to add more stuff to the packages. My tape ran out as I was trying to close the packages and put the customs forms on, so I still had to wait in line and have a postal worker help me. But it didn’t take as long as it would have if I needed them to do everything. Another time I was mailing packages to my missionaries I got to the Post Office at 4:25pm, the line was so long that by the time I got to the front it was 4:55 pm, I was new to mailing stuff internationally and didn’t have the customs form filled out and the postal worker took one look at me and said you have to come back tomorrow we are closed. I was flabbergasted! So there you go, two of my post office adventures for the last few months. I get a little nervous whenever I have to mail a package. Kind of like that Seinfield comedy show when they say no soup for you, because one of the characters did something the cook didn’t like.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Margo, If you guys come to Cedar again this year for the shakespearan festival we would love to see your cute family. I would offer to watch the grandkids but 24 might be a little much to handle. We would love to have a BBQ if it works out and if not that is okay too. I understand being on vacation and the agenda that goes with that can be time consuming. Thanks for your sunshine Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margo... Jett left a short mesage to you in his email (on the blog). I thank the Lord that he saw fit to leave you here with your family! Life is sure hard without a mother. You are talented to be the mother of so many. Your example to Jett gives me hope that he will do better than I have!

    ReplyDelete