Tuesday, April 21, 2009







The count down

My last chemo treatment is this Thursday. I am really looking forward to being done with it. I felt fabulous the last three weeks except for the Wednesday and Thursday after my treatment. I am hoping this time will be the same.

We have had a busy month. I wanted to see my grandbabies and kids that live away from us so we made a little trip to each of their homes. It was so fun to be with each of them and to participate in some everyday activities with them and their kids. I am so glad that I am blessed to have half of my kids and grandbabies live within an hour of us. I wish they all lived close by. But I am blessed that they are all well and happy.

I am looking forward to the Ensign to read the great talks that we heard over conference. It amazes me how quickly we can get out of sync with are spiritual self. I really need to focus on remembering how I felt when I first heard I had cancer and was pouring my heart out to my Heavenly Father. I am still praying, but not as fervently if that makes any sense. It seems that after the trial is over we don’t rely on our Heavenly Father as much and I don’t want to lose the closeness I have felt with my Father during this time. I have also appreciated my Savior more as I realize what it meant that he suffered for me, I have felt great peace and comfort to know that my loving Savior knows what I am going through and has felt the despair, pain and fatigue that I have felt. That He willing experienced all these things so that I could be with him again and with my family forever. I have to think of one of my favorite hymns, I Stand All Amazed” at his love for such as I.

As always I am humbled at the love and support that I have received from my dear family and friends. You have all been such a joy to me. I have been so blessed. Life is good! I love you all.

1 comment:

  1. One more left!!!! I am so happy for you...and your BEAUTIFUL family!!!! What a treasure to have that time together! You inspire me~

    ReplyDelete