Monday, April 6, 2009

Hooray one more left!!

Everything is great here. It has been snowing off and on all week. Jack’s a little bit tired of it and threatens that he wants a palm tree in his yard oftener then usually. Hehe.

I had my second to last (hopefully forever) chemo treatment on Thursday. They couldn’t get my port to work so they had to start the IV in my wrist vein. These ports can get a little blood that dries and clots preventing the little flap to open both ways. It will let liquids (iv fluids) in but it won’t let any blood out. The nurses need to see that blood comes out so they can make sure the IV needle is placed correctly in the port. They wanted to get the clot dissolved in order to start the chemo drugs The process took over three hours. The nurse Maria decided instead of just sitting there waiting for the clot to dissolve we would go ahead and start an IV in my wrist since it was the next to last treatment and so I wouldn’t be there forever. I got to my appointment at 9:10 am and my treatment finally got started at 11:30 am. I still finished by 4:30 pm. I think that is because after the enzyme dissolved the blood clot in my port I had a time where they were using the port IV and the wrist IV to get the medicines in so that must have helped speed it up a bit.

Friday was ward temple night. Jack and I went. It was great. We had a great dessert party after and it was so wonderful to be with our ward family. We have been abundantly blessed by our ward family. The meals have been wonderful and the thoughts, emails, notes, prayers etc. have been so appreciated. You are the best!!!

On Sunday we packed up and headed down to Jacki and Brian’s for General Conference. We got there around 12:15 pm. Jacki had made breakfast for us and I brought the stuff for dinner. Well I brought most of the stuff, I forgot the most important things cheese and nacho chips for Taco salad. I had them I just forgot them. I think they call it chemo brain, but unfortunately I think it is just called getting old in my case. Jacki had cheese and tortilla's to bake so it still tasted great. Jacki and I made dinner after conference and than Jack and I left for Wyoming. Jack works Monday through Wednesday in Wyoming. We will come home Wednesday night Jack will work Thursday in SLC and then on Friday we will head to Yakima, Washington to Marci and Eric’s for Easter and we will get back Monday just in time for Dad Feller’s birthday dinner.

I only have one more treatment. Life is grand. I am blessed beyond what I deserve. I love my Heavenly Father, I know the church is true. I adore my Savior and I am so thankful that he would suffer, and go through such agony for one such as I. I have an amazing family. I have faithful sons and daughters that are doing their best to stand in righteous places and serve the Lord. I have cherished family and friends who constantly amaze me with outpourings of compassion, love and support. You are loved beyond measure. You all rock my world!!!
Love,
Margo

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS Margo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are glad you are doing great. Yeah..You keep it up. Big hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! We are so glad that you are doing well- and you are beautiful! Truly Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your smiling face says it all. So glad it's going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your positive attitude and trust in the Lord is a beacon to all that you come in contact with, including me. I am so happy for you! I am Jacki's friend in Spanish Fork. I can see why Jacki is such a sweetheart, she has a GREAT mother.

    ReplyDelete