Wednesday, March 25, 2009





March 24, 2009

Well, it hardly seems like I have much to say except HOORAY! I have been sick these last 10 days but who cares when I have received so many blessings and so many miracles in my life. My heart is bursting with love and gratitude to my Heavenly Father, my Savoir, my devoted family, and sweet friends. WOW could life get any better.

I have a couple of quotes from the Ensign conference talks in the November 2008 issue that really spoke to my heart:

Elder Wirthlin gave a beautiful talk on being happy. He talked about coming home from a tough football game they had lost, he was telling his mom all about it, “Joseph” she said,”come what may and love it.” He had four points that where awesome, this sums it up. “As we look for humor, seek for the eternal perspective, understand the principle of compensation, and draw near to our Heavenly Father, we can endure hardship and trial. We can say as did my mother, “Come what may and love it.” I think I want that as my new motto. Come what may and love it!!!

Elder Cook’s talk starts off with him talking about a trip he and his young sons went on. It was in June and a sudden blizzard came up ant they were caught in the storm for hours without heat, food or proper clothing. When they final got to a place to let his wife know they were safe his three year old when he talked to his mom said “ Hope ya know, we had a hard time!’ Then near the end of his talk he says, “I testify that the Atonement of Jesus Christ covers all of the trials and hardships that any of us will encounter in this life. At times when we may feel to say, “Hope you know, I had a hard time, “we can be assured that He is there and we are safe in His loving arms. Every now and then over the past few weeks when I want to say “Hope you know, I had a hard time, I am reminded that I am safe in his loving arms. What a comfort and blessing to have this knowledge.

I had a great week in spite of feeling yucky. Marci came out from Yakima again for a few days, leaving cute Eric with their five kids (amazingly this is Eric’s idea to have her come out). We got most of my Easter stuff done. Jamie, Marci and I went to the movie “Confessions of a Shopaholic” and to the DODO after on Thursday evening the night before Marci left. Our men didn’t want to see this show so we thought it was a great time to go. Amber had seen it the week before with Josh for their anniversary and they loved it. Jacki and Brian were visiting Mindi and Dave in San Francisco for their spring break. So it was just Jamie, Marci and I that ended up going.

Jack and I are going to visit Jed and Jamie in Las Vegas this weekend. I have finally started to feel better so it will be great.

I have so much to live for and look forward to. It seems like my life has been on hold for so long, not knowing what to plan for or how far to plan for. I just want to go around twirling and dancing, spinning and singing with the joy of all I have been blessed with and with the knowledge I have more time to enjoy and be with each of you who I love so much! “Come what may and love it”!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pictures mom. You are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great. I love all the do's have fun in Las Vegas. I think my g-ma and g-pa will be there too.April 1-5 You probably know that already. thank you for your sweet testimony and for the talks that stood out to you last conference. We can't wait to here what is said this weekend

    ReplyDelete