Sunday, March 15, 2009

March 15, 2009
The Good News
My sweet daughter Jamie took me to my chemo appointment and my sweet son Josh meet us at the appointment and stayed with me at the appointment for the day. Jamie wanted to be their when they told us the results of the petscan so she took me so she could be there at the beginning when I met with Dr. Klein or the PA Nancy even though Josh was coming to be with me that day also. I really wasn’t nervous, I just figured the results would be what they were suppose to be. I think everyone else was a lot more nervous then I was. Nancy the PA came in and said good news on the petscan. That there was no metabolic activity and where I had several tumors that were any where from .1 cm – 2cm they didn’t show up (we think that means they are to small to be of any significance. I will have to clear that up Thursday at my stats appointment) and that I would only need two more treatments. Oh the joy and the gratitude I felt at that news was over whelming. I
hugged Jamie and when Josh came in Nancy told him the news we all had a big hug and of course I was crying a bit.

I wear a hat to my chemo appointment because I am there so long and my wigs get a bit hot and itchy. Several people commented on my hat. If you told me a few months ago I wouldn't mind wearing hats in public I would have told you you were crazy. But there you go, we all get to learn things about ourselves all the time. At the end of my appointment Josh told me that I was beautiful while I was sleeping during the first part of my treatment. Of course he is my son and has to think that but it was so tender and sweet when he said it. My children are awesome!

Because of a mix up in Wyoming Jack had to work in Wyoming Tuesday through Friday and so couldn’t be with me for my chemo treatment on Thursday. I called him at his ortho practice in Wyoming, he was with patients but he was so sweet and started crying. He is the best.

When I got home from my chemo, I just had to fall to my knees to thank my Heavenly Father and my Savior for this amazing blessing. I couldn’t thank my Father in Heaven enough. I didn’t ask for anything I just keep thanking him for all that he has given me and done for me. It truly is an amazing process to not ask for anything and to just give thanks to our Father and our Savior for their infinite love and for blessings to numerous to count. Elder Bednar related his experience with praying only in gratitude in our last General Conference (see November Ensign 2008) it has truly blessed my life these last months when I have taken the opportunity to pray only in gratitude.

Yes I am tired and not feeling so well, but how can that compare with the joy of this news? How can it compare to the beautiful collective sigh of relief of all my family and friends who have stood by my side, supported and loved me through this experience? My heart is bursting with love and gratitude for all of you. I wish I could give you all a big hug and wrap my love around you. You are the best and dearest. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment