Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update on chemo round three

Cancer Journal March 3, 2009
This third chemo has seemed as hard as the first one as far as feeling yucky. I started with a cold and still have it and I am still not feeling real well. It comes and goes. I was a bit of a party pooper for Jack while we were in San Diego he had classes he attended all day from 8:00 – 5:00 we would go out to dinner and be back at our hotel room at 9:00 pm each night and go to bed around 10:00 pm. Yikes! So not me, actually Jack would go to bed and I would stay up for a little while longer. The first night we were at our hotel the fire alarm went off two times once around 12:30 am and the 2nd time an hour later just as we had barely fallen asleep from the 1st alarm. Well suffice it to say I didn’t have a very restful night.
San Diego is such a beautiful city, it is one of the cities that calls to me. The first time I went to San Antonio, Texas I told Jack that San Antonio called to me. Every time we go to a new city he asks me if the city we are visiting calls to me. There are only a handful of cities that do so far.
Sunday we went to church. We have been to this ward in San Diego several times because it is by our condo there. Since my chemo started I haven’t been to a Fast and Testimony meeting and felt like I had so much to thank Heavenly Father for. Because we have been there so often I felt comfortable bearing my testimony there. I started out saying that these last few months had been interesting. I said in December we sent a daughter to England on a mission and a son to Australia on a mission and found out I had Lymphoma cancer. I thanked my Heavenly Father for giving me this experience because of all the miracles that I have seen take place in my life and the life of those around me. I thanked Him for Jack and for his tender care of me and said it was pretty hard to wake up next to a bald women each day. I thanked him for my amazing family and extraordinary friends and loved ones and for my Savior’s atoning sacrifice so that I could be with all whom I love forever. I bore my testimony of my assurance that the gospel is true. Of course I left out tons of stuff I wanted to thank him for and bear witness to. When I was done, the person to bear their testimony next was Mitt Romney. Governor Romney and his family had just purchased a home in San Diego and he said they were going to live 6 months and a day somewhere else because he didn’t mind paying his 10% tithing to the Lord but he didn’t think he wanted to give the same to Governor Schwarzenegger . He is such a lovely eloquent man. He radiates goodness. After the meeting he was kind enough to ask me about my treatments.
Thinking about the miracles in my life, can anything be as sweet to our Heavenly Father or to us then to have little children fasting and praying for someone in need. As a mom I never would have thought to have my children learn more than the facts about fasting when they were baptized and I didn’t expect them to try to fast until they were 12 years old. Several of my little grandbabies (age 4 and up) have tried fasting for one meal so that I would get well and feel good. Can there be anything so humbling or so touching as to have these sweet innocent little children sacrifice their needs for someone else. My granddaughter Ana (age 4) before fasting for one meal she prayed “Dear Heavenly Father, Please bless that Heavenly Father will answer my prayers and please bless that my fasting will make Grandma feel good.”
Miracles are all around us we just have to open our “hearts” to see them.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for next Tuesday, PetScan day. My love for my Savior has increased so much since this experience has started. My love for all who care about me, who; pray, fast, put my name on the temple rolls, send notes, emails, call, bring meals and gifts has no bounds. I am truly blessed and surrounded by love.

3 comments:

  1. Margo,

    I just have to thank you for the nice card you sent to Scott and I. It meant so much to know that you were thinking of us...especially when you're going through so much.

    I so appreciate you and your family. I have been so blessed in my life to know each of you.

    You're in our prayers, and we'll continue to pray your PET scan comes back clear.

    Love you!
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Margo and Jack! I know what Margo means San Diego calls to me and wish I could go back sometime soon!! What ward is it that you go to?? That is where I served my mission and when I get sealed to my wonderful husband it will be in that temple...I love it!! Good Luck and know that you are always in my family's thoughts!
    Love you rachel (boyer) slane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jack and Margo,

    You and your family are so special to us. Margo you are always in our prayers to get stronger and pull through fine. Jack you are very strong and love your wife. This is very very hard for the both of you to go through and your family. Just a note to say we love you and take care.
    Dave and Holly Leffler

    ReplyDelete