Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Chemo Journal

March 10, 2009

Journal

I had the petscan this morning. It was a little better this time, because I knew what to expect. It is still hard to sit perfectly still for 45 minutes for the first part before the actually scan while the radioactive isotope is wandering through my body. The actual scan takes 30 minutes after the 45 minutes. On this part not only to you have to lay perfectly still you have to lay with your arms over your head so they won’t be in the way of the scan. I was okay until the last 5 minutes and I was thinking I might have to yell at them that I can’t do this anymore. I keep thinking of primary songs to sing in my head and finally they said I was done. The tech was impressed with how still I was and thankfully because I did lay so still I didn’t have to do it over. I won’t know the results until Thursday at my chemo appointment. So we will let everyone know by email and post it on www.margofeller.blogspot.com Thursday after my appointment or during it if I find out earlier in the day.



My cold has continued to get worse this week. I called my doctor yesterday early in the morning because it felt like it was settling in my chest and I said my cold wasn’t any better and it had been almost three weeks since it started. I started an antibiotic (Zpack) yesterday and today I finally have stopped coughing and I haven’t had to blow my nose every few minutes. I feel much better. It worked fast, thank goodness. I was thinking I wouldn’t feel better until I was done with all my chemo treatments.



Friday Jack and I went to get something to eat for lunch and I told him I didn’t care where we went to eat. Well we decided to go to Einstein’s Bagel. I thought they would have a soup I could enjoy with a bagel. Well I didn’t like either of the soup choices (turkey chili and Italian wedding soup) and I couldn’t bear to have the Mexican club sandwich because for the last three chemo treatments that is what I had asked to have brought to me for lunch and it was just too close to my coming up treatment to have it right then and just being in there made me get sick to my stomach. Jack was getting ready to order and I told him I didn’t want to eat there. He still acted like he was going to order so I said a little stronger than usual you know I will have to get something to eat somewhere else, right. So he turned back to the lady and just ordered a plain bagel to go because he was a little shocked and didn’t know what to do with me. After we left I asked him if he ordered the bagel because he felt bad about how vocal I had been at the counter he said partly but the he did like the bagel he ordered. It was pretty funny. He asked me where I wanted to go and again I said I didn’t care and he said well that’s not true.



With being sick and all I am afraid I have had a few more days where I wasn’t as positive as I need to be. But all is good now. I need to humbly express my gratitude to my loving Father in Heaven for placing so many amazing, loving people in my life. What would we do without our sweet family and friends to support us during the challenges in our life. You have all made this journey more bearable with your constant support, love and faith. I love you all so much and I am so thankful you are in my life. I thank everyone that fasted for me, that is truly an act of love, and I need to thank all my sweet little grandkids for their faith, love, sweet notes and especially for all those who fasted for me and all those that tried to fast for me.



We are looking forward with faith and no matter what the results are we will continue to fight this and conquer. As I have said many times, Go, Fight, Win!! Love to all!

4 comments:

  1. YES MARGO ... GO, FIGHT, WIN!!! I'm pulling for YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margo you are a brave spirited women and I am so proud of you. You are so easy to love and care about. Fasting is a spiritual experience and I know Heavenly Father will answer our prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margo I'm so glad you were able to go to San Diego before your treatment. When you have to be so still you can have beautiful scenes in your mind. Love ya....thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Hey, Hey... We have first hand experience fasting and prayer and we can collectively say that it works. We are so HAPPY for you, the blessings and miracles you are witnessing could not have happened to a more righteous gal. All our love and we look forward to the next entry.

    Mike, Syl and Tulsa

    ReplyDelete