Friday, December 12, 2008

December 12

Margo had the bone marrow biopsy yesterday and it was not really traumatic just a little pain in the a... or rather rear end (for a moment there I forgot my audience). Evidently, Tylenol will have to be her drug of choice for the forseeable future and not the horse pill Motrin 800's she is accustomed to. After a lengthy discussion with our daughter-in-law Jamie (our resident cancer-chemo expert and breast cancer survivor); we decided that it would be good not to start the chemo until after Christmas so that Margo can be comfortable and not hairless while our family are here and until Jon leaves for Melbourne. She wants him to have a memory of her as she is now and will soon be again. The scene at the oncologist was much less chaotic yesterday. We got right in and out in a little less than an hour. When the nurse found that we were LDS and that we have two children serving missions, she said that she has worked with cancer patients for over 10 years and she suggested that we give Margo a priesthood blessing before each chemo treatment. From her experience, this will help Margo a great deal. All in all we feel much better about things today. I look forward to Margo and I dancing at Jon and Jess' weddings (whenever they might be). We continue to be humbled by the overwhelming outpouring of love, faith and concern for Margo and our family.

2 comments:

  1. Jack & Margo,

    When I heard the news about what you and your wonderful family are going through I couldn't help but shed tears for you all.

    After going through a similar situation with my Mom, I have great empathy for you and all of the kids.

    I wanted to let you know that I will continue to pray for a speedy and full recovery, and that the doctors attending to you will be competent and helpful.

    I've always been so grateful for the "family" that we've been blessed with between our two families. You have an incredible family full of faith. I've been so impressed with Margo's constant positive attitude, and smile.

    I love you all.

    <3, Emilee Mansanarez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margo- Hi this is Shannon Wheeler Poulsen. My mom is Peggy Miller Wheeler. She has forwarded me your emails so we can continue to know how things are for you and to continue to pray for you. What a bautiful family you have and that will help you get through this rough time. I also have a blog and would love for you to see my family if you have time. Lots of Love

    ReplyDelete