Friday, December 12, 2008

Margo's take on the most recent events

Written by Margo:
My take on yesterday.
Wednesday December 10: Another roller coaster ride in my life. After an hour of explaining different drugs and their reactions for chemo and lots of technical stuff I found out I have stage 3 diffuse large cell lymphoma. This is still curable same way as if it was stage two and with the same results it is means I have cancerous lymph nodes above the diaphragm and below the diaphragm. I am having a bone marrow test today as a baseline and also to make sure that the bone marrow is not involved. I will have an echo cardiogram next week to determine if I need heart medication during my treatment as some of the drugs can make your heart race. I will have a port put in on the right side or left side of my chest under my collar bone. They will administer the chemo drugs through this port. I will have a CT scan as a baseline to help see how the therapy is working in the upcoming months. I am deciding whether to start chemo next week on the 18th or wait until after the Holidays. So much for the negatives. The great news and blessings are that all my children (except Jessica) and their families will be here for Christmas, my house will be bursting with hope, faith, love and positive feelings. Another blessing is that Jessica left on her mission this morning. It was touch and go there for a little bit. Hard to let her go, but I know that as a family we will be blessed because of her sacrifice and her love for her Heavenly Father and Savior. That is the latest update. I appreciate everyone’s prayer’s and good thoughts and I am humbled that so many are keeping me in their prayers. Jack and the kids have started a blogspot for me that will have updates it is margofeller.blogspot.com. I love you all, Margo

No comments:

Post a Comment