Tuesday, December 9, 2008

What's up with me

This is the email update from my mom she sent out on December 5th, the friday she found out the kind of cancer she has:

Hi,Just got back from the oncologist. I have Diffuse large cell lymphoma (non hodgkinson’s). This is the most common non hodgkinson’s cancer. It is 80% or better curable. I have an appointment next Tuesday for a CT PET scan which will determine the stage of cancer. Dr. Sause said it seemed like it was just in my neck but they will know more when they do the scan. I have an appointment on Wednesday to see Dr. Kline a chemo doctor at Lakeview hospital. She will tell me the results of the scan and the treatment plan. Dr. Sause said the treatment would be chemo with a small chance of radiation treatment. Chemo time 4 - 6 months. I am very hopeful and very grateful that it is curable. I prayed that it would be something the kids could live with so they could leave on their missions and I feel that my prayers have been answered. Had a great priesthood blessing last night from Jack with my son’s Josh, Jon and son’s – in-law Brian and Kirk in the circle. We called Jed, Mindi and Marci and put them on speaker phone and with Jamie, Jessica and Amber all squeezed into my office for the blessing. I feel very positive about everything. I was a little scared this morning and felt like I couldn’t breathe. I think it is the not knowing that is the hardest. Now I have a focus and an opportunity of success so I truly am blessed. Thanks for all the prayers, thoughts, fasting. I feel very loved. I love you all.Margo

1 comment:

  1. We are praying for you Margo and hoping for the best for you. Wow, I cannot believe your two kids on missions. I remember them so small. Wayne and Paula. by the way, you look great!!!!

    ReplyDelete