Thursday, December 18, 2008



This week has been up and down for me. Jon went with me to the CT scan on Monday. He was so sweet it was at 7:00 am. I had to start at 5:00 am drinking 8 oz of Barium chalky stuff every 30 minutes for 2 hours. It wasn’t to bad but left an after taste that took all day to get rid of. Anyway, Jon came with me it took about and hour and when it was over he walked me to the car came around to the driver side and opened the door for me and put the keys in the car for me and shut the door. I felt so taken care of. It was a very sweet and such a tender, lovely moment. I had a little anxiety attack in the afternoon and I felt a little helpless and hopeless. Jack, Jon and Kirk gave me a priesthood blessing. It was so amazing to have my son anoint my head with consecrated oil and then to have a beautiful priesthood blessing by my sweet husband. He blessed me to fully recover and to have many years here on earth with my dear family and friends. I have felt so much better and I know that I will be okay. I just need to keep positive thoughts and take each day at a time.
Tuesday was my echo cardiogram. It is an ultrasound of my heart to make sure everything is okay or to see if I will need heart medicine during my chemo therapy. They do not have the results back yet.
Wednesday was my chemo class Jamie and Jacki went with me. They tell you everything that is going to happen to you. I think the only thing that will be untouched from chemo is my big toe. Just kidding. They kept reassuring me that I would be surprised at how well I would do. But basically I will only have 1 week every three weeks where I feel close to normal and than the whole process starts over. But, I refuse to be out of commission for that long so we will see what I do. They gave us several pamphlets of cute hats and ideas for wig stores. We asked about my bone marrow test and they said it came back clean. Yippee! That was awesome news. So I keep the stage 3 diagnosis and we move forward with faith, hope, good thoughts and with the humble knowledge of so many wonderful friends and family members praying for me and my family, putting our names in the temple and sending their positive supportive thoughts our way. I can’t express my deep feelings of love for all those who have kept me in their prayers and thoughts. I have had so many people touch my heart by their concern and sweet comments. It is truly an amazing process when you see Heavenly Father’s hand in your life. I have had so many miracles touch my life since this whole experience has started.
I will start chemo on January 8th, lose my hair around the 22nd and put Jon on the plane for Australia around the 23rd. An exciting month!

Love to all
Margo

3 comments:

  1. Hi Margo,

    We are praying for you, and we love you and hope that you are buoyed up during this time. Please know that we wish you the very best.

    Much Love,
    Shannon &
    The Rayland and Linda Loveless Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margo,

    We also want you to know that we are praying for you, your family, and your children as they serve the Lord on their missions. We know that you will be blessed with health and the ability to come through this to live a long and fruitful life with your family. We do love your family so much and have always appreciated your kindness in allowing us to feel like family.

    Merry Christmas!!!!

    The Brand Family
    Sam, Erin, Grace, Caleb, Karlee, McKenna, and our little girl who is due on the 12th of May!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margo and Jack,
    We are one of the many who remember you in our prayers and on the temple rolls faithfully. We cannot think of a more special couple that this life-altering diagnosis could affect. You are the dearest neighbors and friends we could hope for. Thank you for your kindness to us, and may every ray of sunshine that you have shed on others come back to you a million fold.
    Love ya, Rand and Lynette

    PS Margo, I have a few funky hats in my closet that I will be bringing over to you. (I have often wished I didn't have to worry about hair and I could just put a hat on and go. Guess I should be more careful what I wish for!)

    ReplyDelete